Focus on implementing key tasks for socio-economic development in 2023
On February 6, Chairman of Long An Provincial People's Committee - Nguyen Van Ut chaired the regular meeting to assess the socio-economic development situation in January and set out direction and key tasks for February 2023.
Reported at the meeting, the Provincial People's Committee informed that in January, agricultural production continued to be focused, monitored and directed.
Chairman of the Provincial People's Committee directs to focus on speeding up the implementation of key tasks for socio-economic development in 2023.
Due to coincide with the Lunar New Year holiday, most of the investment attraction indicators decreased over the same period. Specifically in domestic investment, the whole province established 65 new businesses with a total capital of 653 billion VND, decreased by 48.8% over the same period. Total state budget revenue as of January 27, 2023 was over 1,600 billion VND, decreased by 38.7% over the same period. The socio-cultural field continues to receive attention, social security and welfare work has been effectively implemented, people with meritorious services to the revolution, poor households, social objects, children with difficult circumstances could welcome the Lunar New Year of the Cat 2023 joyfully and warmly.
On the basis of the report content, the delegates focused on evaluating the achieved results, analyzing and clarifying the causes of limitations related to state budget collection, security assurance, order, especially "black credit" and issues related to agriculture, natural resources - environment, etc.
Speaking at the conclusion of the meeting, Chairman of the Provincial People's Committee - Nguyen Van Ut suggested that departments, branches and localities speed up the implementation of key tasks for socio-economic development in 2023 with the highest determination. In which, he noted to focus on budget revenue; accelerating the disbursement of public investment capital; proactively implementing solutions to prevent and combat drought and saltwater intrusion in the dry season; etc.
In addition, he also requested to perform well the ceremony of handing and receiving troops in 2023; focus on solving difficulties and obstacles for enterprises; speed up the progress of compensation and site clearance, creating a clean land fund to attract investment; improve the quality of human resource training; continue to strengthen administrative discipline in each agency and unit; ensure security and order, preventing and combating smuggling and trade fraud on the border./.
By Staffs - Translated by Q. Thien
- Long An will definitely continue to grow, develop stronger and more sustainable
- Military Region 7's Command visits and inspects K73 team
- Former State President - Truong Tan Sang and his compatriots give New Year greeting to Long An province
- Long An Provincial Party Committee holds meeting at the beginning of Lunar New Year of Dragon 2024
- Speed up the implementation of tasks right from beginning of the year
- Merry, safe, sentimental Tet ensured for all: Prime Minister
- PM speaks at discussion on ASEAN at WEF Davos 2024
- Long An strengthens relations and expands cooperation with Japanese partners
- Cambodian PM arrives in Hanoi, starts official visit to Vietnam
- Belarus inaugurates Consulate General in HCM City