Kumquat – enduring symbol of Tet
During the Tet (Lunar New Year) festival, it is a tradition for Vietnamese families to put up ornamental plants outside and around their houses to liven up the atmosphere while expressing a wish for good luck, happiness, and prosperity in the new year.
Apart from peach blossoms that symbolise the strength and vitality, Vietnamese people also decorate their houses and offices with kumquat trees during the Tet (Lunar New Year) festival. (Source: Internet)
Apart from peach blossoms that symbolise the strength and vitality, Vietnamese people also decorate their houses and offices with kumquat trees in the festive season.
Kumquat trees are believed to symbolise the prosperity because they are always laden with fruits.
During Tet, it is believed that the more fruits there are on a kumquat tree inside a house, the more luck will come to the owner in the new year.
A kumquat tree with many fruits makes a house brighter and warmer, especially in the cold weather in the north.
Kumquat fruits symbolise the fertility and fruitfulness that the family hopes will come in the coming year (Source: Internet)
The tree is a popular decoration for the living room during Tet. Its fruits symbolise the fertility and fruitfulness that the family hopes will come in the coming year. Greeting cards and good luck symbols are hung on the Tet tree.
In addition to such national dishes and products as "Fat pork, pickled onions, parallel sentences written on red paper, long bamboo poles planted upright, strings of fireworks, and square glutinous rice cakes", it is indispensable for each Vietnamese family to mark their Tet with colorful golden kumquat trees, peach blossoms as well as yellow apricot flowers as the symbol of good fortune for the coming year./.
- Farm exports expect breakthrough
- Rice sector works on 5 billion USD export target
- Surge in vegetable, rice, coffee orders signals prosperous year
- Vietnam attracts over 39,100 FDI projects with registered capital of nearly 469 billion USD so far
- Fruit, vegetable exports see green shoots
- New strategy shapes plant cultivation growth to 2030
- Bac Lieu targets national shrimp hub status
- Seaport, logistics sector expected to navigate headwinds this year
- Huge potential for fruit and vegetable exports
- Khanh Hau Vegetable and Fruit Agricultural Cooperative operates organically in greenhouses
- Take care of workers returning to work after Tet
- Vice Chairman of Provincial People's Committee - Huynh Van Son receives Japan International Cooperation Agency's delegation
- Rising rental prices to boost industrial real estate shares this year
- High logistics costs a headache to Vietnam’s agricultural export
- Falling rice price is only short-term, upward trend to continue: Experts
- Export orders spring back