Long An delegation visits leaders of Japan External Trade Organization
On September 12, the delegation of Long An province and the Vietnam Confederation of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) visited and worked with leaders of the Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) headquarter in Tokyo, Japan.
The delegation of Long An province takes souvenir photos at the headquarter of Japan External Trade Organization
During the meeting, Acting Director of Department of Planning and Investment of Long An province - Truong Van Liep said that with a favorable geographical location, bordering Ho Chi Minh City, located in the southern key economic region, in recent years, Long An province has continuously improved the investment environment, with many timely policies to support businesses in overcoming difficulties.
In addition, Long An also focuses on perfecting transportation infrastructure, synchronously investing in inter-regional transportation projects, ensuring that investors can easily connect and do trade, export, and import, helping businesses shorten time, costs, and increase competitiveness.
With that effort, in recent years, Long An has become a destination for many investors, including Japan with 142 projects, total investment capital of over 800 million USD, ranking 4th in number of projects and 5th in terms of total FDI investment capital in the province. Long An currently prioritizes attracting investment in the following fields: Supporting industries, automation, manufacturing components - electronic equipment and software, microchips, semiconductor industry, artificial intelligence; urban development of high quality services, seaport services, logistics services; organic ecological agriculture, high-tech agriculture combined with eco-tourism; renewable energy according to international standards; etc.
The delegation of Long An province discussing with the Japan Japan External Trade Organization about the cooperation situation
Talking to the delegation of Long An province, Mr. Katsunori Nakazawa - Executive Vice President of the Japan External Trade Organization, said that businesses in Japan always want to invest in the Vietnamese market, consider Vietnam as an important partner for investment. However, Vietnam needs to have more open investment policies, strongly develop the transportation system connecting economic regions; create an abundant, good-quality labor source so that Japanese businesses can feel secure when investing.
As for Long An, Mr. Katsunori Nakazawa expressed his impression with the potential and advantages of the province and affirmed that the Japan External Trade Organization will closely coordinate with Long An to attract more and more Japanese businesses to invest in the province./.
By Van Tai - Translated by Q. Thien
- Farm exports expect breakthrough
- Rice sector works on 5 billion USD export target
- Surge in vegetable, rice, coffee orders signals prosperous year
- Vietnam attracts over 39,100 FDI projects with registered capital of nearly 469 billion USD so far
- Fruit, vegetable exports see green shoots
- New strategy shapes plant cultivation growth to 2030
- Bac Lieu targets national shrimp hub status
- Seaport, logistics sector expected to navigate headwinds this year
- Huge potential for fruit and vegetable exports
- Khanh Hau Vegetable and Fruit Agricultural Cooperative operates organically in greenhouses
- Take care of workers returning to work after Tet
- Vice Chairman of Provincial People's Committee - Huynh Van Son receives Japan International Cooperation Agency's delegation
- Rising rental prices to boost industrial real estate shares this year
- High logistics costs a headache to Vietnam’s agricultural export
- Falling rice price is only short-term, upward trend to continue: Experts
- Export orders spring back