Long An: Wildlife business increased inspection
On April 13, the Mobile Team for Forest Inspection, Prevention and Fighting Fire under Long An Forest Protection Department inspected and reminded small traders of agricultural products at stores on National Highway (NH) N2 and Thanh Hoa agricultural product market for epidemic prevention and trade in wild animals.
The team inspected animal trade shops on National Highway N2
At each destination, the delegation propagated and mobilized business households to strictly abide by the regulations on managing the endangered, precious and rare forest animals and enforce the Convention on International Trade in wildlife, endangered animals according to Decree 06/2019/ND-CP.
After checking, most of the business households showed documents proving the origin of the animals. However, the team also discovered about 20 individuals of wild storks were displayed at a store on the NH N2. The delegation conducted remind and asked small traders to release these individuals to the natural environment.
The inspection team discover and ask the shop owner to release about 20 individuals of the stork in the natural environment
According to Deputy Head of Thanh Hoa Division of Agriculture and Rural Development - Le Huu Tau, in general, the inspection of wildlife trading activities in Thanh Hoa agricultural product market was effective over the past time when the sale display and slaughter that caused offensive feelings; Prohibited agricultural products such as storks, snakes, rare precious animals are no longer displayed at the market. At the same time, it is necessary to increase inspection at this season to prevent the risk of bird influenza outbreaks./.
By Bui Tung – Translated by Duc Tam
- Farm exports expect breakthrough
- Rice sector works on 5 billion USD export target
- Surge in vegetable, rice, coffee orders signals prosperous year
- Vietnam attracts over 39,100 FDI projects with registered capital of nearly 469 billion USD so far
- Fruit, vegetable exports see green shoots
- New strategy shapes plant cultivation growth to 2030
- Bac Lieu targets national shrimp hub status
- Seaport, logistics sector expected to navigate headwinds this year
- Huge potential for fruit and vegetable exports
- Khanh Hau Vegetable and Fruit Agricultural Cooperative operates organically in greenhouses
- Take care of workers returning to work after Tet
- Vice Chairman of Provincial People's Committee - Huynh Van Son receives Japan International Cooperation Agency's delegation
- Rising rental prices to boost industrial real estate shares this year
- High logistics costs a headache to Vietnam’s agricultural export
- Falling rice price is only short-term, upward trend to continue: Experts
- Export orders spring back